Saturday, June 6, 2015

My Jamberry Journey

I have always had soft, brittle nails that peel like an onion...seriously!  Until the age of about 13, I was a nail biter and, then, due to a medication that I had to start taking around age 50, I picked that nasty habit back up again.  I was so disgusted with myself, I was ashamed of the habit and of my nails, but I just couldn't stop. I tried everything!

Then, last October, my niece invited me to her online Jamberry party.  I was like, oh these are cute, but nothing works for me.  I've tried acrylics and gels but they just made my poor, weak nails even worse!  Everything changed when I saw their Auburn collegiate nails!  My husband and I are Auburn fanatics.  He graduated from Auburn many years ago and has converted me to a wild and crazy football fan (and, this year, softball!).  When I saw those Auburn wraps, I knew I had to have them!  So...guess what I did?  I ordered them and while waiting for them to arrive, I stopped biting my nails!  Yes, I did!  Who'd have thought it?

They arrived and I put them on my extremely short nails.  They were cute but didn't look that great on my ugly nails.  I wore them anyway!  Unfortunately, true to my nature, I didn't read the application directions and applied them incorrectly so they didn't last long.  Eventually, I watched the "official" Jamberry application video and ask myself, "how stupid could I be?"  Needless to say, I learned how to properly apply them and I haven't looked back since.

In November, 2014, I decided, on a whim, to buy the Consultant Kit and I have never looked back.  I joined for the heck of it and never imagined where it would take me!  Here I am, 6 months later, with a team of 26 women and a great little part time job that I REALLY DO ENJOY!  I love my nail wraps, I love helping women feel pretty and special, and I love empowering women by introducing them to the Jamberry opportunity that has made a big difference in my own life.

That's my story!  Tune in tomorrow to learn more about my "Healthy Nail Challenge."  I still do not have healthy nails so I have developed a plan to help me grow happy, healthy, gorgeous nails!  I want to share that plan with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment